Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm a Great Aunt?!

Leesie Elizabeth Kokaliares
Born October 14th, 2008
Weighing in at 7lbs
20 inches tall

This is my nephew Kyle with his wife Savannah

and their newborn baby girl.

Can you believe that I used to babysit that new father when I was 16?! Wow, this is kind of freaking me out a little bit. A GREAT Aunt?! My girls have a great aunt and she's like 80 years old. Honestly, I don't know if it is worse to be a great aunt or to acknowledge that my brother is a grandfather. YIKES!

So Leesie is named after my mother's mother. As they were looking at family names and reviewing the trees Savannah said she liked it. Of course my mom what thrilled to say the least, and is now thrown back when she hears the name. They chose a different spelling (who doesn't these days?) than my grandmother, Leacy.

This girl will want for NOTHING I tell you, NUH-THING! It's the first grandchild on Kyle's side, and the first girl on Savannah's side. Um, and did I say that my brother had four boys, so his wife is ecstatic?! Can anyone say s.p.o.i-oiled?! That's OK though. Spoiled with attention, love, and affection are sure to come and has never hurt anyone. Just love that little winkin' girl. I can't wait to go snuggle on her!

1 comment:

Moke, Mom and Dad - The Lightburne Family said...

...and you neglect to mention that your mom is a Great-Grandmother! Congratulations to everyone! She's a doll-baby.