Thursday, October 9, 2008

628

That's the new record. There were 628 emails waiting to for me on the laptop. But instead of having to delete them 10 at a time they were clumped in groups of 100, thus only 7 click, click, deletes. Maybe computers really do have empathy. Several weeks later there were well over 300 and they were still clumped in 100's. Yay for the computer for keeping up with my lack of reading. Obviously I don't check email on this thing, it's for composing and reading blog posts silly.

On the subject of numbers...

Tasha is a bit obsessed with the number 9. We were actually surprised today when her number ended with 62. This really isn't a big deal except that the number 69 comes up quite frequently. I've avoided the subject several times but then a member of the bishopric had to say something like, "you know that's a sex number, right?" HELLO! Yeah, I know! (Well, I probably didn't know until I was in college, but I know) It's not like she knows it, has heard it used, and definitely doesn't know what it means. We were discussing different things in the van one day and I asked her where she learned that number. Um, without missing a beat she said, "from Ember." HAH! I am so not the one busted here.

On the subject of conversations in the van...

A couple of days ago we were talking about being nice to people that can't do things as well as we can. Specifically, it is not nice to tell people that they can't do cart wheels. We talked about how everyone could do different things better and worse than others. She went through a variety of of different scenarios and the many things that she could say. Yes, she did this without encouragement by me. In fact, I was trying to change the subject and she was dwelling. Then she's back on cart wheels and says, "Justin would never make fun of my cart wheel." Aah, how sweet. He must be a nice guy.

On the subject of never...

I am never fun. I never let Tasha paint, cook, watch TV, ect. She never feeds the dogs. She never gets to make her book. She never... oh how the list goes on. The only thing that stops that list is the list of "always". I always make her clean her room. I always tell her what to do. She always has to go to bed. (You get the picture)

1 comment:

Monique said...

Hmm, I don't think I ever hear Ember say 69. My kids is only obsessed with counting...and she never gets that high.

But, at least Tasha can say she learned something from Ember. :) I guess she is more influential than I give her credit for.