Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A preface to a joke...

Over the last month or two discussions on blogging have been the topic of many conversations I have been in or overheard. Not only are people talking about what people blog about, they are talking about why people blog. I think it is hilarious. Who cares? Well, I guess I did/do and I love to talk about. What a geek. I won't be obsessed, I won't be obsessed, I won't be obsessed. When I started my blog I had no idea that there were obsessive, compulsive bloggers with huge followers. I had no idea that if you used key words in the title it would bring unfamiliar faces to your site. (That one I found out by accident and it was a riot!) I didn't know blogging could be yet another way to include, or exclude people from your life or circle of friends. Heck, I just wanted to know what was going on with other people and let them in on what was up with me. I also wanted a place to put all my reading thoughts in order. I would never have done that for myself, and I'm thrilled that some of my friends have been able to utilize some of what I've invested so much of my life doing. Is that vanity?! I hope not. Because apparently you can get caught up in this little blog world and it can cause damage to your self-esteem. We all love comments, links, and/or to be mentioned or harrassed. Let face it, if we didn't we'd journal on paper, and/or have our blogs super private. I think it's just another way to stay in touch in this crazy, fast-paced world of ours.

I started writing something this morning that I find completely hilarious. I found the above paragraph started when I was apparently not in such a jovial mood. I started it before this friend became concerned about something, and before this friend or this friend wrote either of their recent posts, but after this friend felt she had to preface every post with an explanation. Obviously, I'm feeling hysterical right now because I have no idea how to link people or articles to my post and I want to poke fun at those of you that are more computer savvy than I am. So, the joke is on it's way...

(oh, I'm not allowing comments on this and the next post due to a current medical condition)