Saturday, April 5, 2008

"Brownie Points"


Along with spelling words, Kyra's teacher assigns the class a phrase to learn each week. Things like "you can't teach an old dog new tricks" or "barking up the wrong tree." Apparently they have not gotten to "brownie points". As I tucked her in to bed tonight, I told her that she probably had earned some brownie points this evening since she was so great with the little kids. I told her the moms would probably remember her playing and when she was old enough to babysit they might call her. The kids entertained themselves for the most part, but she seemed to be watching over them and playing with them on and off. I was quite impressed sinced she takes so little interest in her own sibling, unless it is to her benefit. Anyway, the point is when I said "brownie points" she immediately corrected me and said, "don't you mean Girl Scout points?" That was cute.

No comments: