Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Literary Tag

This is what you do:

1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog
5. Tag 5 people

I searched in the dark for the nearest book on the end table by MY chair. Kyra left her book on top of my scriptures so here you go:

From Superfudge, by Judy Blume
"What's playing?" asked Jimmy.

Too bad that wasn't very funny. The whole book is hilarious and actually reminds me of my kids: Peter is the well-behaved, quiet, older brother (Kyra), and Fudge is the inquisitive, silly, pain-in-the-neck, younger brother (Tasha). I think I read this out loud to Kyra when Tasha begun her it's-fun-to-pick-on-Kyra stage (which she is still in). I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Kyra is re-reading it so she can relate to someone.

I think this tag only works well if you give some insight into the book that you read. SO, I tag: Sara, Monique, Rachel (not Davey, I won't understand the book you're reading), Tori (if you're out there), and Carianne. The rest of you will get tagged by them, I'm sure.

No comments: