Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I know...avoid chocolate and cheese for a week...THEN invite your good friends over and have the traditional NYEve feast. Have some cheese fondue with sour apples and a delicious chocolate/butterscotch fondue with all kinds of delectable dunking tidbits. Wash it all down with some Coke. You know, that carbonated, high-fructose, caffeinated beverage that stings when it goes down. Why would one do this do you think?! Oh, who knows...'cuz it all just tastes so good and it's the end of the year. The new one is on it's way. Did I mention that the cheese fondue is wine based? But that cooks right out, right? Hmm, not right away it doesn't...I'm sure I got a little light headed when I was testing it. Apparently you must boil it for quite a while before the
alcohol dissipates. Fortunately I figured that out before I gave any to the kids.

So there's cheese, chocolate, and coke...the three evil C's of the old year. Once again I feel like a Meg Ryan character. This time however, we must fly over the great big ocean, take a train ride in France where we become "Lactose intolerant!" in French Kiss. I was exhausted at midnight but couldn't fall asleep until something like 6am! Chocolate and Coke don't have any affect on me at all.

So this was supposed to be the year to get healthy. Apparently it was just the year to gather the info to get healthy this next year. I did manage to knock off 10 pounds last January and keep it off until this January. That's good news. Here's to another 10+ and some healthier choices this year!

No comments: