Friday, January 4, 2008

Dear Moroni,

So, I'm reading in the Book of Mormon for our Sunday School lesson this morning. You do a lot of abridging in earlier chapters but then I get to the Book of Moroni. The specific verse is Moroni 1:4: "Wherefore, I write a few more things...that perhaps they may be of worth unto my brethren..." Are you kidding me Moroni? (I actually wrote that in my scriptures!) Your words are just a little bit helpful. Just the most challenging scripture for all converts to know if the BOM is true or not is Moroni 10:3-5! (which, of course, is the next scripture on the list to read) Not to mention, my dear Moroni, that you include the specific words for the administration of the sacrament. That was kind of helpful. Thanks.

I am encouraged by your humbleness. Earlier, in Ether, you were promised that you would be the one to show the plates to the 3 witnesses. That is an incredible opportunity for you to be the one to bring that testimony to the latter days. You had to have known that when God promised you that! I know it was a tough time for you at the end. All your brethren were gone and the Lamanites were taking over everywhere. You probably went through moments where you had no hope, yet you wrote some of the most promising scriptures. I know you did it for the Lamanites so their hearts might someday be turned. Did you know how much it would mean to us in the centuries to follow?! Thanks for hanging in there on the Hill Cumorah, writing some extra chapters, and for burying the plates. Thanks for your dedication to the gospel of Jesus Christ. And thank you for your great example!

Love,
H

No comments: