Sunday, January 6, 2008

Cooks.com

Our fridge decided to quit working again today. Three weeks, to the day, after it quit working the first time. That is a full week longer than the repair people said it would take. Cool. Anyway, that wasn't the point. The point is that I quickly need to think of a way to use as many items in the fridge section and I possibly can. Hmmm, that should be easy since it is Fast Sunday and we are all starving, right? Well, in lieu of throwing it all on the table and letting everyone pilfer what they can, I do a search. Quickly I see the meat, cheese, and milk being a problem if left to warm temperatures. (The fruit and veggies can probably make it a day if they have to) Sliced ham, bacon, Swiss cheese. Hop on the Internet, google those three items and see what it comes up with. Yummy! We had brunch pizza for dinner at 3:30 today. Thank you cooks.com! Everyone has their favorite recipe site, this is just the easiest for me to remember. I'm not sure why I still have cookbooks on the shelf.

The kids were excited because I was going to make Texas Sheet Cake to use up the sour cream and leftover frosting (boy, that's a whole 'nother story!)...too bad the fridge part is working now and just the freezer is a flop. The last cake I made I gave away and they were really mad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a fellow cooks.com friend too! I also have contemplated donating all the cooking books... why in the digital age have them, I'm not sure! But like my post said, I have a hard time letting go!