Monday, January 7, 2008

Book Lists...

Yes, I've added my book list to my site and April beat me to it. But great minds think alike, right?! At least that's what she said in a few more words. I think she credited us with being brilliant, witty, sophisticated, talented, lalala...OK she didn't say that either, but it's true. Anyway, I used to be so confused when people would list all the books they were reading. I would read one book at a time. How boring! That's no way to enjoy literature. I'm all for the more the merrier now. It really is a better way to not get bogged down with one thing and think that you're never going to move on. It is also the way that I got all the way through the Book of Mormon finally...I was hooked on the Work and the Glory series. So hooked, in fact, that I would stay up until 2 or 3 in the morning reading. I figured if I could do that for so long then I could at least read 1 or 2 chapters in the BOM before I started in for the hours ahead. Pretty cool I think. I got engrossed in the scriptures too and didn't want to put them down! Good thing Kyra was a easy going toddler and was able to put up with the naps and the reading. I'll let you know how each book is when I finish it.

2 comments:

April said...

Hey, Ryan's reading Omnivores Dilema by Michael Pollan. Hmmm.

H said...

That's CRAZY! While I was reading my book by Pollan I was thinking that Ryan would totally enjoy it. I guess this guy just sounds like him! I get completely lost in all his words but I think I get the big picture :0 Ryan and I will have to trade books when we're done.