Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Open Mouth, Insert Foot

After reading that great book that I blogged about, I've been more skeptical about the claims made on different products. I have also, apparently, become a more savvy shopper without even realizing it. What do you get when you put an skeptical, savvy shopper in front of her computer? A lady choking on the words that she typed, but not the chips that she ate!

Apparently eating Corazonas Tortilla Chips (any flavor!) will actually help you reduce your LDL cholesterol. Seriously. I checked out the research and those cool plant sterols that I knew nothing about until now really do the job. This is how it works (in lay-woman terms): First, you have the bad cholesterol. Then you have the good plant sterols. If you have both of them in your body your bloodstream will absorb the good plant sterols first and flush out the bad LDL cholesterol. Yeah for them!

Personally, I don't have high cholesterol and it doesn't run in my family. Yeah for me! Unfortunately, there are a lot of people that do and eating these chips alone isn't going to lower it, just help. You need a bunch of plant sterols to do it and you should get them from several different sources. If you want a cute doctor to tell you how, watch this video:

http://corazonas.com/files/Denver_KUSA-TV_4-17-2007.wmv

So, I guess my big mouth and sarcastic wit bit me in the butt this time. Thanks to Rob and Joe for keeping me in check and making me do my research. It's safe to say that you guys value your job and the work that you do a little more than the construction workers that I slammed a few months ago.

1 comment:

Joe B said...

Excellent synopsis of plant sterols H! Glad to help! :)

And thanks for visiting us too!