Thursday, March 13, 2008

F.Y.I.

1. The next 3 posts have been written so I don't forget what I read in In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan. If anyone else cares to read them you might want to start from the bottom.
2. I'm having a yard sale Friday and Saturday, birthday party Friday night, book club Saturday morning, funeral Saturday afternoon, and 3 meals/dishes to prepare for others so I probably won't make it back online for a couple of days.
3. You should never create a "to do list" when a) you know your kids will be home more than normal, b) you think you might have a minor emotional breakdown, or c) you are a woman and don't really know how your hormones are going to react at any given time.
4. You really shouldn't create a "to do list" when a, b, and c culminate together and you get d) all of thee above.
5. When your mother tells you that you can say "no" to some people, you should probably listen.
6. Friends really make a difference. Don't avoid them, embrace them. They make you feel better, even if just for the moment.
7. Matt Damon is really hot. There is a guy on TV that I thought was him but isn't and I'm still thinking of Matt. Maybe I'll have to put on The Bourne Identity.
8. After writing all those posts about food, I'm REALLY, REALLY hungry. But if I go eat now I think I would break all of Pollan's rules. I already know I will tomorrow so maybe I'll wait until midnight.
9. Sometimes I wish I was a southern Baptist so I could sing, dance, and get jiggy on Sundays. That might be a choir I'd do well in. Did anyone see Leap of Faith? Maybe I should be a revivalist.
10. I just needed to complete this list with a final number because 9 would have been weird and I probably would not have been able to sleep.

No comments: