Monday, March 24, 2008

My Easter Post

I was cleaning out a drawer this last week and found a sign that Kyra left for me. It was at least a year ago because I was in the Relief Society Presidency and Bill was still working at the hospital. Come to think of it, it had to have been 2 years ago because we had 9am church and Tasha still napped. We had been rolling coins and putting them in the paper sleeves and had a lot of pennies to do. Bill was at work and I needed to be at a Welfare meeting that afternoon. Fortunately, the Hardy's are great people and Bob would watch the girls while his wife and I went off to the meeting. While I was gone Kyra rolled the rest of the pennies and I found them in a drawer with this note:

I seem to happen upon this note at the most appropriate times. I think I used it in a RS lesson once, and here it pops up again at Easter. It helps me remember that the Saviour did the rest for us. We do the best we can, and when we fall short He's there to take us the rest of the way. I love the way the Lord guides us to find these things when we need them and how our children are innocent enough to listen to the promptings of the spirit. It also reminds me of how much our Heavenly Father cares about us. (If we just listen, of course!)

3 comments:

Matthew J. said...

Cute.

For some reason, in the picture on the right hand side looks HUGE compared to the other pictures. Did someone hit her in the elbow with a softball? :D

April said...

How neat that someday your daughter will read this post and know that you think so highly of her that you have compared her with the Savior. what a great compliment.

Monique said...

H,

Very thoughtful blog. Happening upon that piece of paper is no accident. You get directed there when you need it, and each time it might mean something different. It is so neat that Kyra, in her wisdom wrote a note that you can hold on to and take something from each time. I enjoyed reading this post.