Monday, September 1, 2008

A few Clarifications

In the comment section of my "Alles wohl" post some of us got into the discussion of nice looking leaders of the church. Let me please clarify a few things...



This is NOT "hot Brigham". Although I am sure he was a great leader and inspirational, this picture scares the ba-gee-bees out of me. Imagine that stern face preaching and prophesying to you. I'm sure I would have followed, a bit out of fear, but certainly he was a prophet of God. I have great respect for the second Prophet of the Church.



This IS "hot Brigham". The actor, Andrew Bowen, played the role of a very young Brigham Young in the movie The Work and the Glory.

Again from the movie The Work and the Glory, Joseph Smith was portrayed by Jonathan Scarfe. He played a very convincing role as our first Prophet which made him quite resistible. I did, however, catch a glimpse of him in an upcoming role on Raising the Bar. His jocularities, coupled with a long haired Mark-Paul Gosselaar, and some intense courtroom drama makes this a show I will definately be tuning into Monday night.

And finally, here is President Uchtdorf. I believe that Monique is right, we should probably refer to him as a "refined, good-looking man." I am grateful for the testimony, strength, wisdom, and experiences of this fine General Authority. I know our lives will be blessed as we follow the teachings of the First Presidency and those of our brother and Savior, Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!! I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD THAT I WAS WORRIED I WOULD WAKE MY SLEEPING BABY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF MY HOUSE! Thanks for the laughs. Oh yeah, and thanks for your testimony too!
Crystal

H said...

You're welcome Crystal. Anytime I can make you bust a gut I'm happy to. Last night I saw Jack Black on Leno and thought of you :) I really do think he's getting better looking with age! hah.