Friday, February 13, 2009

Petty Annoyances

I guess I'm about due for another rant about things that drive me crazy. So here's a list of some of the lame things that bug me for whatever reason. Some of them are things I should appreciate, but annoy me instead, others really are troublesome.

  • My computer is not smarter than I am. I still have to tell it what to do, it won't read my mind and just bring up the sight that I mean to type in instead of the typo I did while punching the keys to quickly.
  • Kyra talks a lot in the morning and it makes me CRAZY! I should bank in on this opportunity, but I am not a talker in the morning. Email, blog comments, fine... but actual physical speech is beyond my realm until I've either showered or gone to the gym or both. Sometimes, if I've been up for a while, I even go back to bed until she leaves for school. (Rude, I know.) Thank goodness Bill drives in the morning.
  • Somebody programed 101.5 on my radio in the car. When I was flipping through stations it was the only station with any music playing and the song didn't suck so I listened. I turned off the van, picked up Tasha and then got back in to... what the crap kind of music is this?! I'm not sure, but I think this is Ryan's music and now I have just knocked him down a few notches on the people-I-can-tolerate scale.
  • Speaking of radios... EVERY time I get into Bill's car and drive somewhere is is ALWAYS on KTAR and it is ALWAYS a lame sports cast with some TOTALLY annoying announcer with not a single non-sports related thought in his head. Lame-o!
  • Softball should be fun. When it's too intense, I suck. I guess it's a good thing that I've always played on sorry teams. Except that one time, when it was no fun. Good thing I decided not to play college ball I guess.
  • People that ask questions and don't listen to the answers. If you want to tell me your opinion just say it! Don't ask me mine, not listen, then drabble on and on about how you don't agree with me.
  • Batteries that don't stay charged. Just because my cell phone battery and laptop batteries are years old doesn't mean they should have to be charged every hour, does it?! I don't want to replace them, and the computer keeps swearing at me, "your battery needs to be replaced"!
  • The mail. It just keeps coming.
  • The laundry. It just keeps getting dirty.
  • The dogs. They just keep pooping.
  • The kids... oh, just kidding!
  • Arizona weather. (Yes, now I'm going to talk about the weather, how drab) Right now, I love our weather, don't get me wrong, but just when you think it's going to be warm it's not. Just when you think it's going to be cold, it's not. The only thing we can really count on is 110+ for 2+ months in the summer. Yippee.
  • Whiny kids. (Yes, she's doing it right now.)
  • Play-by-play events of the night when I am gone from home. Both my mom and Bill seem to feel it necessary to tell me word for word what happens while I'm gone. What's more is that my mom will tell Bill who will tell me and then when my mom tries to tell me again and I tell her that Bill told me she continues to tell me. What?! Ya, I get to hear it twice.
  • The fact that Bill will read that above statement and will say "fine" the next time I ask him how it went while I was gone. Heehee, I'm just messing with him. If you don't understand this, stop reading my blog and judging our relationship!
  • Money doesn't grow on trees. But then again, I'm not much of a gardener so I don't know that tree money would help. Maybe if they grew like beets I'd be OK.
  • My brain doesn't retain information.
  • I can't seem to cry lately. Like in 2 or 3 months. Not even a sappy email or sentimental card from my mom will do the trick. I've teared up, but no drips. I better start cooking some onion-y food before my ducts close up.
  • I need a good dictionary. Kyra has a hand-me-down student dictionary from Billy, but none of the smart words that my friends use are in there. (Congrats friends that are smarter than students!) Words like diatribe...imagine a friend of mine accusing me of "a prolonged discourse". Outrageous I tell you, simply outrageous!
  • The phrase, "because of the economy..."

I think I've droned on and on enough now. I'm sure I'll come up with some more on another day. If you think of something I've missed please comment :)

4 comments:

Bill said...

Kyra talking too much in the morning is not an exaggeration ! By the time we get to school its" BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!" For you, I listened to country music for a week and now its my favorite. You should do that for me, listen to sports radio for a solid week...Today at work when you were not here, I was working hard and people with blogs kept interrupting me...and I had to make so many calls and students keep calling...oh, wait, that's right...FINE !

Crystal said...

Here's one you'll like -
When Dairy Queen isn't open at 10 a.m. so I can get you a buster bar. When the heck do they open? That was so uncool!

The Turley Times said...

H,

I winced a little when I read your "people don't listen just want to say their own opinions"... I know I've been guilty of that... Gotta work harder to listen better. Luckily I married the world's best listener :-)

-Scott

FizixMamma said...

I totally hear you about the "because of the economy" thing. "because of the economy" is ruining the economy!