Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Blessings of Temple Attendance

Sometimes you attend the temple and reap the rewards right away. Sometimes you receive answers to prayers, inner peace, a renewed hope. All these things are great. Serving others, blessing the eternal life of someone that has passed on, and doing family names are all very rewarding in their own ways. Sometimes you recognize that you have a little more patience with your family, a little more inspiration in your calling, or more faith to continue on the right path.

But sometimes... just sometimes... you receive instant gratification in the terms of physical blessings of service from those you love. I left the house this morning at 8am, did an endowment session, attended a baby shower and a wedding, and stopped at the grocery store. When I arrived home at 4pm this is what had been done at my house:

  • laundry washed, sorted, folded, and put away
  • sheets washed and put back on the beds, all beds made
  • floor swept and mopped
  • carpets vacuumed
  • dishes done, dishwasher unloaded
  • bathrooms cleaned (WOOHOO!!!)
  • living room dusted
  • baseboard caulked
  • and the lawn was being mowed

And to think that all I said on my way out the door was, "hey babe, could you put our sheets in the wash for me?"

4 comments:

tempe turley said...

Wow, is it possible to even do all of that in one day. Unbelievable.

Pam said...

i think you should attend the temple more often! Tell Bill a job well done!

H said...

Sara, I know!!?!
Pam, more than once a week?! And I did tell him, over and over.

Crystal said...

Go Bill! Did he have time to spin his ring in between? I'm impressed and your lawn did look fantastic when I dropped off Kyra after church yesterday.