Thursday, March 26, 2009

Turkey Jerkey to the rescue

On the advice of a friend, I sent Bill to the store for some turkey jerkey last night. (OK, the friend didn't say, "send Bill", she just said try turkey jerkey.) Full of protein and something I could chew on for a little while before swallowing. It sounded perfect. My biggest problem is eating, then digesting too quickly, and having my tongue taste like whatever I just ate. I know, I know, that's disgusting. Tell me about it! Anyway, jerky sounded like I could prolong the eating process without eating too much of something and it worked! I probably had 30 grams of turkey protein last night right before I went to bed and this morning I felt pretty good. Maybe it was all the super support I felt from everyone's comments on my misery, but I think it's more than that. I got off my butt this morning and walked a mile on the treadmill and then found that I was starving. Starving?! Yep. I haven't felt the desire to eat, without the urge to puke, in at least 3 days. Yipee for me. And now, thanks to another friend who cuts up cherry tomatoes and puts then on hot dogs (freak!), I had a delish bean burrito, complete with fresh cut cherry tomatoes. Double yum, I think I'll go make another...

1 comment:

Bill said...

cherry tomatoes on hotdogs? and you have a problem with mayo???