Monday, March 29, 2010

Doctrine and Covenants 89:22-24

If the Lord were to write me a verse of scripture in relation to the Word of Wisdom, it would read something like this:

And to my servant, Helena Durrenberger, I say: caffeine is not for the body, and is not for use in cold or hot drinks, and is not for candy or sweets of any kind, even if only found in a cookie, bar, or cake.

And it is pleasing unto me that it be used only for the healing of the brain in times of severe migraines, to be used with judgment and skill; nevertheless it is to be used sparingly and is not pleasing unto thy breastfed children.

And, again, caffeinated beverages are not for the body or thy children, but for healing purposes only to be used with prudence and thanksgiving.

And then, in the margin of the scriptures I would write my note: NO Coke or chocolate while lactating!

2 comments:

proud parents said...

No CHOCOLATE??? BLASPHEMY!!!

Monique said...

That would definitely by highlighted in my scriptures too.