Monday, March 1, 2010

Dear "pami51",

I enjoy the recipes at allrecipes.com. If there is one that sounds tasty but something looks odd I will read the reviews. Like you, I get frustrated when people say how great it was BUT... and then they go on to list all the changes they made. This makes it a different recipe entirely. Anyway, I loved your comment on Jenn's Out Of This World Spaghetti and Meatballs. You said:

"IF YOU ARE MAKING MANY CHANGES TO THIS RECIPE THEN IT IS NOT THE SAME RECIPE. IF YOU DO NOT USE ALL THE CANS OF TOMATO PASTE YOU CERTAINLY WILL NOT NEED ALL THE SUGAR. IF YOU DOAN'T MAKE IT EXACTLY AS IT IS HERE THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE REVIEWING IT. SUBMIT YOUR OWN RECIPE AND LEAVE THIS ONE ALONE. "

You make me laugh. I'll cook with you any day. I will however, omit some of the sugar in this sauce because I "doan't" like me a sweet sauce. That's the kind of change I feel should be made since we all know our own taste buds.

Fondly,
H

P.S. I'll forgive your spelling error because when one is on a good rant, one can not be stopped to use spellcheck, check for typos, or other such nonsense. Way to let them have it!

2 comments:

Jaylee Draney said...

For sure! I try not to read the reviews because they just confuse the tar our of me. And why would someone still post their review when the recipe already has 249 reviews? You think I'm going to get that far?

M said...

H, you are my shining light early in the morning, you almost everyday have some tid bit for me to read and giggle about for the rest of the day. Thank you for that you are awesome.