Monday, February 8, 2010

"The Jacket Just Ain't Cuttin' It"

I got an email from a friend that said I needed to send Tasha to school with a warm hat for her head. Apparently we need sun hats for the hot summer-like days, and now we need woolly, furry hats for these mock winter days. I'm not a hat person, can you tell? Anyway, apparently the teacher said that the hood on the jacket wouldn't stay on her head when she was playing. I can totally hear her saying, "the jacket just ain't cuttin' it." It made me chuckle, and we tried to oblige the next day. I told Tasha that she needed to start dressing warmer for school and that included a hat. Here's what she came up with:



This just makes me laugh. We don't have winter in Tempe. We have a little bit colder than it was in the fall which is still warm enough for shorts if you feel like it. Silly people, hats are for Minnesota. Oh well, I guess it's all good. If there's a snow storm Tasha will be ready.

2 comments:

RJ said...

That outfit is awesome. I'll be laughing about it all day. I'm all about the hats and stuff too, but the only thing I worry about is a potential lack of vit d absorbtion. If we put on hats and long sleeve clothes and sun screen and yada yada, then how are they supposed to get any sunshine? I read you need about 20 minutes a day with 40% of your body exposed to get the necessary time for vit d to do its thing. I know Sophia and I often don't get that and like you said hello...we live in AZ!

Have I mentioned I wish I lived nearby you so I could just SAY stuff like this to you during playdates instead of type it on a cold computer??? XOXO

Crystal said...

She has good taste. She looks warm, cute, and very waldorfy. She will fit in. Yesterday I saw a pre-teen kid wearing polka dot pants, stripe socks (that didn't match the color of the pants) and then a paisley shirt. Awesome!