Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Uncle Neil

Uncle Neil and Aunt Dorothy are the two that we see most of since they have a house in Mesa for the winter. My mom meets with them every year but the last time I saw them was the day Tasha was born. I went to lunch with them and my mom and had to keep getting up because my stomach hurt. They kept joking that they didn’t want me to have the baby in the restaurant. Little did I know that I would soon pick Kyra up from school, get the island counter installed, buy Kyra some shoes and then go into hard labor. Seven short hours later Tasha popped into this world! Aunt Dorothy has proved to be the most worthy Double Solitaire opponent I’ve had yet. I really have to keep focused and moving with her. Uncle Neil has a long face and personality that reminds me of the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. He’s thoughtful, kindhearted, laughing and smiling all the time. He named a couple of cousins that walked in the door later in the day and I was quite impressed since they were not his grandkids. Then he absentmindedly said, “I looked it up.” (I don’t know how you look something up before it happens but maybe he has ESP without name recall)

No comments: