Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Uncle Alvin

Uncle Alvin is Melvin’s twin brother. I just assume that Melvin is older because everyone says his name first. Uncle Alvin also told me how Melvin used to always make him catch up to him and help him around until he got annoyed with him and told him to do it himself. Uncle Alvin seems to have an amazing memory to catch glimpses of his past, even all the way back to his childhood. He told me at the end of this evening, “I like you, I don’t know why but I do.” That’s cool, but what do you say to something like that?! I idolize these great uncles of mine and he likes me! Hat's off to this great guy who actually took his hat off for me so I didn't get a shadow on his face! His wife, Auntie Vena (as she introduced herself to the girls), took Tasha shopping at the little shop on the corner and really entertained her while they talked about all the items. Imagine a thrift store like Goodwill, pack it all into a building the size of Circle K, label most of it antique, jack up the price, and scatter like items throughout the store. I have no knack for shopping like this so all I saw was a bunch of junk.


No comments: