Monday, July 13, 2009

Tasha's Testimony

Tasha likes to sleep in. It's cute. I will walk by her room a dozen times and see her crashed in the same position and then she'll be gone. I'll look in and she has hidden herself under the covers and we all know what that means: leave me alone, I'm in denial and I don't want to get out of bed. She's five, so it's cute. In 10 years, as a teenager, it will be not so cute.

When she did decide to get up this morning she wandered into the kitchen to tell me about her dream. "Oh boy," I thought, "what craziness is she going to try to unload on me that she thinks was a dream but was really her just laying in bed thinking?" I was pleasantly surprised. She told me she had a dream that she bore her testimony at church and that she wants to do it next Sunday. I asked her what she would say...

"I'd like to bear my testimony. I know that Jesus died on the cross for us so that he could take our sins very far away. I know that we can be a family with him. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

Now what was the influence of this? Was it the week in Vacation Bible School at my mom's house? Was it the number of children that bore their tesimonies in my mom's ward when we were up there? We'll never know. But do know this: if she gets up in August and I don't go with her, it's because she told me, "and I DON'T want your help."

No comments: