Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Because I know You All Want to See...

This is what it looked like initially, on day 2. The bright red was 2nd degree, right by it (where it looks a little white) was the spot that we were concerned about. The pink going down the arm was still developing into blisters and it had barely shown up at this point. Who knew it took that long for a burn to show up? Wow, it all looks so red and raw in this picture.

This one was taken today as we cleaned it off in the shower. As you can see, the spots going down her arm have almost all healed. They are a strange brown color in spots, but you really wouldn't notice anything if there wasn't a bandage and other problems going on. The red is now pink and the white spots are mostly gone. There were never any more talks of skin grafts after th first few days, so thank you all for your prayers. I know they worked!

As you can see by her smile, Tasha is taking it all pretty well. Obviously she was still in the shower when we took the picture and she wasn't screaming at all. There were a few moments that she didn't want to work on it all, but she plugged away and I think we did a pretty good job cleaning the area. Wrap up went fine, no complaints at all. I think I made a fine nurse this morning. I think I have a better close up picture I will try to post as well.

4 comments:

Monique said...

Wow, that does look bad (initially)...and then it looks good (today).

I am glad she has been a trooper for you...sometimes us parents need a break like that. We got our own load of guilt and what if's to carry around, so seeing them smile makes it easier.

proud parents said...

Owchie! Why on earth is that poor child smiling?

I'm so glad that she is though, and that you are all home and happy and getting back to "normal"!

Bill said...

What an incredible difference. Overall, Tasha has been very brave. You know the pain would have been constant. The meds helped a lot. What a big kid!

Crystal said...

Just curious if the hospital talked to you about keeping her arm out of the sun after it is all healed? I was told with my burns and scars on my legs to keep them out of the sun. The new skin underneath is like fresh new baby skin which burns really easily and makes the scars worse. I figure they probably said something to you already but you know I like to pass on info if I think it will help . . . good thing you know so much about good quality sun screens huh?