Things that don't qualify for the "one thing" category, but have to be done and interfere with getting that one thing accomplished:
- nursing the baby
- changing diapers
- breaking up arguments between the girls
- directing the girls on tasks other than watching TV
- ignoring the dog (this takes effort to not explode in anger)
- making the bed and putting away clothes
- doing dishes (if this has become priority then things have been REALLY bad)
- eating done after 11am (if I get breakfast then it was priority or it was a good day)
- driving anywhere
- answering the phone
- answering email (read my technology post, this is as necessary as the phone now)
- keeping the peace between siblings, parents, and friends
- making dinner (although, by default do to the first item on this list, this task has fallen on Bill's shoulders more often than I'd like to admit)
Things that I have to make a priority if I want them done:
- showering before noon (this is done if I have someplace to be later and need to make sure I'm presentable before people)
- working out (the time will vary depending on the mood and sleeping habits of the baby, and who is around to watch him)
- grocery shopping
- meetings (both church/calling related, and school)
- cleaning the floor (although this was a bonus one day as I was waiting for my mom to come watch Payton while I went to the gym since that was priority that day)
- cleaning the kitchen (if I did this regularly it wouldn't have to be on this list, dang it!)
When did life get so complicated?
Oh yeah, when I became a mom.
So what is tomorrows priority? Finishing the laundry that I started Saturday. Then I'm finding a friend to hang out with and whine to about not getting anything done.