Sunday, April 18, 2010

Media Free Week Starts TOMORROW

Yep. National media free week begins Monday April 19th and lasts through the following Sunday April 25th. I announced this to my family this afternoon over lunch. Here were their individual responses...

Tasha: FINALLY!!! I've been waiting and waiting to spend some time with my family. (I think her school has done some prompting on this)

Kyra: Cool. (I don't think she really thinks it's going to be cool)

Bill: Kyra, quick, go turn on the TV, radio, and log onto something on the computer. If we're going to be without then we better load up right now. (Always supportive)

I thought they took the news fairly well and I'm glad I didn't give them any warning. They probably would have spent all day yesterday plopped in front of the TV looking like zombies. Personally, I figure I have a few blog posts to get in before I give it up tomorrow. (more like 20 if I go by what someone at church recommended) Anyway, as I sat down to type and the girls left the room Bill fessed up...

Bill: (questioning) This media free business is null and void after 8pm, right?
Me: Nope.
Bill: (stating) OK, this media free business is null and void after 8pm.

About 5 minutes later...

Bill: Ya know this is the playoffs right? The Suns are in the playoffs.

Hmm. I guess you'll hear in a week how it went. But for now I have several more posts a brewin'...

1 comment:

April said...

I'm not participating this year because when you avoid society like the plague, the internet is your friend. I think I will email you everyday and blog everyday and call you and let you know that you're missing out on my hilarious and witty internettings.