Monday, February 25, 2008

Random thoughts

1. As we were cooking dinner (yes, Bill was helping because he was hungry), Bill informed me that he probably would not be coming home in between work and school tomorrow. I turned to Kyra and say, "Alright, girls night in...chocolate for dinner!" Kyra shouted hurray and then I turned to Bill with a solemn face and told him how much I would miss him.
2. I really want to go to NYCity. Now, more than ever because I read Rachel's blog and I want the chaos of crunching my way through the snow to get to the grungy laundry mat and let my kid watch the dryers spin. Am I a nut?
3. I made Kyra's bed for her this morning and it didn't make me mad that she hadn't done it.
4. My mom and I would occasionally have popcorn for dinner when I was in high school and it was just the 2 of us. Maybe popcorn would be better tomorrow night, followed by chocolate.
5. My sister-in-law just remodeled her basement and gave her husband a workout area. It was across the basement from a 50inch big screen TV that wasn't big enough. They moved the 50inch into the weight area and put a 60inch in the main area. That's 110inches of television!
6. If I answered my children every time they called my name would they listen to me the first time I said something?
7. I'm supposed to be avoiding chocolate in an effort to keep the migraines away.
8. There is a picture that Tasha posted on the wall with green electrical tape that freaks me out. At the top there are 4 splotches that look like cockroaches. I hate cockroaches. Tasha drew it, I don't think they are cockroaches. I don't even like looking at the word cockroach.
9. I'm thinking of quiting email. At least forwarded emails. Bill sometimes screens them and deletes things that he knows will make me mad. Thanks Babe! The problem is, it makes me mad just knowing that they are being circulated.
10. If I had dirt floors I would still have to sweep but I wouldn't have to mop.
11. Kyra thanked me for making her bed. Aah!
12. My clunker car makes a LOT of noise when I turn the air or heat on. Uh-oh.

1 comment:

RJ said...

First of all, when are you coming to visit? Your children and my children staring at washers. Just let that thought simmer and you'll be on a plane in no time. My spare room is slowly becoming less storage and more guest friendly. Maybe spring break?

Second of all. That was like THE sweetest care package I have ever received. Seriously, you are kind and thoughtful and wise and WONDERFUL! I am going to make those recipes THIS week and it feels so nice to finally have some SPICE in my life!

I am so glad we're friends! I wish we had gotten to know each other better "in person" while we had the chance, but don't worry, I'm working it so I can have the chance again...