Wednesday, May 9, 2012

83rd between Amsterdam and Broadway



I was delighted to show up and find that this little place, Cafe Lalo, was just as quaint as it appeared in the movie, You've Got Mail. I believe they actually did film inside this restaurant, and there is a cute little ding on the door as you walk in. Can you picture Tom Hanks shaking the railing declaring, "I.knew.she.would.be." after his friend told her that his date was beautiful? Probably not, I'm the only that can quote the majority of that movie. Anyway, although this might not be the best place to bring kids for lunch, there is a children's museum right across the street they may enjoy (Monday is reserved for school groups).

3 comments:

Lisa said...

SO I am really bad at this! I had to look this one up...

H said...

I took some more shots the next day, maybe they would have helped. If you ever come with young children there is a childrens museum across the street.

April said...

I'm guessing...you've got mail.