Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thanks, Squidoo.com

Thank you for your Mothers Day 2011 page. I googled to find an idea to honor my mother and found just what I wanted. The odd thing is, I can't find it there again, just 5 minutes later. You must have a rotating set of ads on your right tool bar because there are now coupons for laundry soap where my great gift donation was. Ho-Hum.

The thing about Mother's Day and my mother is that I can't buy her gifts. It's not that she's picky or anything, she just honestly doesn't need anything. I can always get her a book that she will recycle back to me or get flowers or some such thing, but she really values our time more than our things. She wants a card, which I will send with a thoughtful handwritten note in it, but when she is out of town it's hard to know what to do.

So, what'd I find? Meals on Wheels Association of America. I made a cash donation in honor of my mother to feed hungry moms. There is meaning there because I used to deliver Meals on Wheels during my college years. I think I spent a morning once a week driving for about a year. That was my mom's influence, of course, to donate my time and energy to help others. I can't do the driving and time at this point in my life so what better way to honor than this? I'd hope that if she was some lonely old lady living alone somewhere that someone would feed her.

I love you, mom. Thanks for helping me become the person I am today. I hope I do you well.
Love,
H

Donate as little as $7 for one meal and print a lovely bouquet card for your mom at http://www.mealsformoms.org/

No comments: