Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Warped Sense of "EASY"

As typical "me" style, I have waited until the day before Easter to decide what I'm going to do. I had grand hopes this year of really doing the Christ centered Easter thing all week and then celebrating the traditional egg and bunny bit the week after (taking advantage of after the holiday sales!). In fact, last weekend, Kyra asked me, "mom, what are we going to do for Easter this year?" I answered quite reverently, "we're going to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ." Seriously, I had high hopes.

But, I've felt rotten all week. I spent most of conference in bed, in a ball, with an icky nauseous feeling. I was able to get the Easter box out and put the stuffed bunny on the couch and the Spring pillow and wall hanging up. So here I am, it's Saturday, it's raining, and I'm trying to play catch up. As I was typing this my mom called and told me she got a couple of small baskets for the girls. YIPPEE for thoughtful moms!!! One mission accomplished and I only had to get up to answer the phone.

Anyway (the point of this post!), I was emptying my inbox of 263 unread messages, and saw a line that read, "Easy Easter Treats". I thought to myself, "PERFECT! That's exactly what I need, EASY!" I saw the following, very elegant looking dessert/fruity dishes:


Chocolate and raspberries, how can you go wrong?! It looks like there is some kind of smothery yummy frozen treat on the inside too. Yummy. And look at that, in the email it said "Difficulty level: Easy. Prep time: 18 min. Cook time: 21 min." Shoot, this will only take 30 minutes to do and look at how scrumptiously fabulous they look!

Excuse me! Anything that takes:
  • a food processor
  • a double boiler
  • an ice cream freezer
  • parchment paper
  • blowing up balloons and dipping them in chocolate
  • cooling chocolate to a certain temperature
  • deflating said balloon without popping it
  • shaving Dove chocolate singles

... can hardly be considered "easy", am I wrong?! Now, on second look, I notice that once you click on the website it does bump the difficulty level up to "moderate" and includes the extra 2 hours and 15 minutes of cooling and refrigerator time.

Needless to say, these Easter treats will not be making their way to our table any time soon. I'm now thinking the decoupaged blown eggs that Martha showed me a few days ago seem "simple"! I think maybe I'll hard boil some eggs today and we'll dip them in some dye, one color each, no crayons or wax, but maybe some stickers.
If you happen to have about half a day to devote to those raspberry/chocolate babies, feel free to chick here for the full recipe and instructions, and please bring me one!

5 comments:

mamamuniz said...

Um, Yeah, those things are not going to happen at my house either. Are you kidding me?

M said...

LOL I liked the cupcake garden link that was on that same page. And it looked way easier then those egg thingys.

April said...

Um, yeah, Easy Easter Treats can suck it along with Martha Stewart!

H said...

But tell me they wouldn't look absolutely wonderful on the table with an Easter brunch?!

Monique said...

Maybe it was supposed to read 30 minutes to eat....