Sunday, October 28, 2007

Wag more, Bark less

I have seen that bumper sticker on several vehicles now. Don't you wish that people were a little more like dogs sometimes? Dogs are loyal and forgiving. Dogs don't hold a grudge. Dogs really respond to positive reinforcement, not just when they're in the mood. They are always there when you need them, and when you don't, they are fine just lying around. If you make a mistake they don't remind you of it.

Actually, I guess it really does depend on the dog. There are those dogs that just yap, yap, yap all day long. Or the dogs that have to have their nose into everything. We don't have either of those. They drive me crazy. Just like people that yap all the time drive me crazy. Especially when it is a mean yap. Keep it too yourself or go yap at someone else! It makes me sad that they don't have anything better to do than to stick their nose in my business and try to make my day miserable. Of course, then I come home and am greeted by a great big tail wag, or two, or three! (my dog, and the kids)

1 comment:

April said...

In honor of your email this morning...

"Don't you wish that people were a little more like dogs sometimes?"

Smelly, vomitous and poop all over my lawn...um, no thanks.

But truthfully, I do like that motto. I need to yap less and wag more. Sometimes yapping is just so much fun though! But, I guess it depends on whether or not there is consentual yapping. That makes a difference. Like yesterday when my tupperware consultant unloaded on me about her concerns regarding her new boyfriend befirending her children after she had just recenlty (I assume) been divorced. In cases like these - nonconsentual yapping - just keep your yapper closed for goodness sakes!