Thursday, October 25, 2007

Kyra "volunteers whenever help is needed"

So I'm reading Kyra's report card this morning...confident reader, working on cursive, very good in math, well organized (whose child is she talking about?!), popular, excellent work ethic, very good artist...blah, blah, blah...and then her teacher writes, "she volunteers whenever help is needed". I actually teared at that line. I'm raising a child that can live in the real world, offer real help, and not sit around while everyone else does the work. I'm so proud! It's not that I don't care about the academics and other stuff, it's just that you never know what sinks in from home. This school is terrific and everything but I know they don't have a class on volunteering!

I love Kyra and I think she's terrific. I try to tell her that more than I criticize her. I do my fair of apologizing to her because I seem to be very adept at making all the mistakes and saying all those things that you shouldn't. Fortunately I don't do it more than, say, 3 or 4 times a day.

Yay for us, Kyra is helpful!

2 comments:

Monique said...

*sigh* Doesn't it give you goose bumps when your kids do something like that without being asked...showing their true character and humanitarian being? It comes so rarely at home between all the quarrels between the kids, but those moments, especially when noticed by others, are the best!

Monique said...

Off topic, but how did you get the pics up???