Thursday, July 22, 2010

Helena Time? What's THAT?

The girls went to the AZ Science Center with their cousin and grandfather today. As friends were leaving my house at 1:00, they asked, "now will Payton go down for a nap and you can have some Helena time?" I didn't know what to say to that. Yes, I thought PT would nap, but what is Helena time? I'd already eaten lunch and that's what I usually try to do before he gets up: eat. So here I am, 1 hour into his nap and I don't know what to do with myself. I made an ice cream sandwich out of some delish chewy chocolate chip cookies, froze it, hung the diapers on the line, washed the dishes, cleaned the counters, ate the frozen sandwich (yum!) and caught up on my emails. Now what? He's still asleep and there are no other children in the house.

What would YOU do?! Hmm...

1 comment:

April said...

Sometimes I read, or take a long, hot shower and pamper my feet. I also like to sit on the couch eating chocolate while enjoying the silence. Mmm. Silence. Or you could search the internet for "distractions." Just an idea...