Wednesday, November 14, 2007

An ode to Bill...

Twas the night before Thursday, Bill was asleep like a log
So was everyone else, except for the dog.
I had gotten home late from a meeting at school,
But that was OK, everything seemed cool.
Bill woke up early this morning, drove to work in the dark.
Just like every day, with a wag, not a bark.
He got off at 2, came home for a shower,
Then off to get Tasha with his dad super power!
After school and work, I called to say we'd be late.
Could he please start the dinner? Would he fall for the bait?
Tacos and beans and a bowl full of rice?!
How lucky am I? Someone give me some dice!
I ate a fabulous dinner , then rushed out the door.
I'd be late for the meeting, but heck, what's one more?
I was stuck at every light so of course I called home
Bill was washing the dishes, (and polishing the chrome?!)
I was gone for hours, chit-chatting with moms,
What would I find at home, Bill reading the Psalms?
The kitchen was clean, no dishes were out,
He'd cleaned out the sink, without even a pout.
What a fabulous day, it couldn't be beat!
If it happens more often, mom will be obsolete.
I don't know what I did on this day to deserve it,
But man do I hope there's a list to reserve it.
So for that wonderful man that I rag on too often,
Here's an ode to you...before you're in the coffin.
That was terrible to say but it was a funny rhyme
But I laugh at your jokes, well, most of the time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute Helena!

April said...

JAYLEE, STOLE MY LINE. WAY TOO CUTE!

Monique said...

You had to go and do it...now my hubby is going to want an Ode. Seriously though, I am glad that you had one of those "perfect" days where everything seems to miraculously (sp) function without you...when usually everything is falling apart. Enjoy...and Bill, if you read this...you are setting the bar high....I will be making Shaun read the Ode and do some work if he wants one of his own....although, late night pump part washing gets him pretty high marks. :)

Bill said...

Pump part washing...Is that a sport???

H said...

First, "btg" is Bill, that stands for Bill the Great. Secondly Mo, at first Bill thought something was wrong with you car's water pump. THEN he turned red when he realized what you were actually talking about. Finally, my perfect day ended as I was typing the ode. I did a load of laundry and flooded the back room. Apparently when Bill poured draino down the pipe back there he forgot to replace the washing machine hose so all the water from that load drained onto the floor. I woke him up at about 11pm and he had to use the wet-dry vac to suck up as much water as he could. He did graciously take the blame. Don't YOU check YOUR hose every time YOU do a wash?