He now lets us read to him. His favorite books being:
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake (he asks for "cupcake, cupcake")
- If You Give a Pig a Party (we enjoy finding all her friends)
- Blue Hat Green Hat
- Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar
- A stupid pirate book that has a "(s)cary bug" that we squish with our thumb and a "peencha c(r)ab" that we immitate by pinching each other with our fingers
- 10 Little Ladybugs (another "bug" book, but they are not scary)
He's not nursing anymore. He completely weaned about 2 weeks before his birthday.
He's settling in to a bedtime routine: teethbrushing, stories, and sleep.
When we bless the dinner he folds his arms, lays his head down on the table, and then after we've all said "amen", he will lift his head up, smile and kindly say "amen" as well. (this, instead of declaring in his loudest voice "A-MEN", or telling us "no pray, no pray"... I'm glad those 2 phases are over, although the first was hard not to laugh at)
He still likes "cook-een" in the kitchen with me. He mostly stays away from the oven though.
He has generalized that anything you plug in is either "loud" or "hot". It cracks me up. I was plugging in the hot glue gun and he said, "oh, loud!" On Super Why he always says "oh, HAUT!" when the pig saws out the letters creating a bunch of dust.
He knows the following shapes: cir-coe, tie-an-goe, oh-boe, ec-tan-goe, and kwair.
His favorite color is "lelloe". If you are familiar with the Sandra Boynton book, Blue Hat, Green Hat, he will read, "lelloe hat, lelloe hat, lelloe hat, oots!" This is precious. I need to get it on video.
The only way I can cut his fingernails is to bribe him by painting them as I go. I try to stick to boy blue, but he really likes the green and purple. Bill absolutely LOVES this.
He really likes to try on clothes when Tasha is. He especially insists on trying on the dresses and spinning. When he does this, Tasha and I say in our sweetest voices, "awe PT, you're so pri-tee!" He then gives us his most petite smile ever.
He can walk pretty well in Kyra's slip on high heals, even with his toes poking through the front and hitting the floor. (this may help, actually)
Bill might get concerned about all this pretty boy stuff, except that he has the following disgusting habits that I would like eliminated:
- He calls most brown things "poop", including the dinner I made last night.
- "too-pid, too-pid, too-pid" is a regular word, along with the phrase, "oh, c(r)ap"
- He likes to pretend to hawk loogies (is that how you spell that?), complete with a hand swipe of the mouth.
- He's fallen asleep more than once with his hand in his diaper. I got a picture, but it is very dark.
- He is VERY good at being a little brother. Ask his sisters. Someday we hope all the bullying will be put to good use and he can fend off undesireable male suiters.